Coconut Grill and Bar – Phi Phi Island Village Resort & Spa

October 8, 2012

Earlier in the year, Stud and I were in Thailand on our honeymoon, and while staying at Phi Phi Island Village Resort & Spa, we did the rounds on the island (more posts to come) food wise.

Our first night in Phi Phi was spent at Coconut Grill and Bar, one of the hotels many restaurant options.

A gorgeous setting, either out the front with your feet in the sand, in the restaurant, or out the back on the balcony, overlooking the lake.

We went with the balcony seatingΒ – romaaaantic πŸ˜‰

The menu isn’t extensive so it was easy to choose our seafood basket to share, with a few dips to accompany.

Our complimentary bread basket arrives and to my surprise, is a few different types of bread. Gotta love that. Needless to say, my normal “don’t fill up on carbs” mantra once again, goes out the window as I begin to devour the basket.

We’re brought out a salad and baked potato to accompany our main, although the main takes a while longer so I ended up finishing most of it before the seafood arrived.

Β

Β

The fish, served on the bone, was so juicy and delicious! Although I do have a slight problem with eating things off the bone, for fear of choking on teeny tiny bones, or just not getting enough flesh on my fork to be satisfies. None the less, delicious!

The lobster was perfectly cooked and came out of the shell with ease.

The squid was slightly over for my liking although the char flavour was fab.

The sauces we chose to accompany were mango salsa, tomato garlic salsa and the garlic chili dip.

I didn’t attempt the chili dip as I know that Thailand means business whenever the word chili is mentioned. Stud was a massive fan.

A gorgeous night out on the balcony, and a perfect way to start our Phi Phi holiday. Although a little pricey when you consider what we got, and where we were. That’s what you get when you eat at the hotel though.

19 Responses to Coconut Grill and Bar – Phi Phi Island Village Resort & Spa

1. Anna @ The Littlest Anchovy on October 9, 2012 at 8:37 am

Ah you make me want to go on holidays again!
    What a lovely time you must have had πŸ™‚

2. Hotly Spiced on October 9, 2012 at 9:54 am

My sister had her honeymoon on Phi Phi Island too. It must have been so lovely dining on the balcony with that incredible water view xx

3. Choc Chip Uru on October 9, 2012 at 2:34 pm

I feel like this is a tropical paradise my friend πŸ˜€

4. Amy @ Food Crush on October 9, 2012 at 6:59 pm

We had our honeymoon on Phi Phi Island in April! It was paradise. πŸ™‚

5. Joanne on October 9, 2012 at 9:03 pm

What a romantic and delicious dinner!

6. Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella on October 9, 2012 at 11:14 pm

Ahh just perfect for a honeymoon! Love the romantic lighting too πŸ™‚

7. Moya on October 10, 2012 at 6:27 am

Thailand is such a lovely place and I am sure you both had a wonderful time! πŸ™‚

8. Tina @ bitemeshowme on October 10, 2012 at 10:12 am

What a lovely location to pick for your honeymoon. Looks and sounds like you had a fanastic time x

9. Kyrstie @ A Fresh Legacy on October 10, 2012 at 6:08 pm

Ohh I can’t wait for our trip later this year!! I adore Thai food. It looks gorgeous.

10. cakewhiz on October 12, 2012 at 12:25 pm

this place is just breath-taking! i want to go on holidays there now…hehe

11. Sara (Belly Rumbles) on October 13, 2012 at 1:23 am

Okay, I am in serious need of a holiday now. Perfect local for your honeymoon.

12. Nami | Just One Cookbook on October 13, 2012 at 2:18 am

We attended a wedding in Thailand (Phuket) and mainly ate meals at the resort. Agree, price is high and according to my brother who actually lives in Thailand and joined the trip/meals with us said local food is better… I didn’t get to eat local food at all. Maybe the resort that we stayed didn’t have “amazing” food like you had or we are so used to “Americanized” Thai food that I wasn’t impressed (I’m trained to taste non-authentic Thai food which we think it’s pretty authentic because they are famous Thai restaurants – how funny!). Sounds like you had a great meal and I’m jealous! I need to go back to Thailand and explore more food there because Thai food is my most favorite food!!

13. msihua on October 14, 2012 at 10:22 pm

Oh so lucky! Wished we stayed at Phi Phi as we loved it when we did the island hopping!

14. Karen on October 15, 2012 at 9:38 am

What a beautiful spot for a honeymoon! I always try not to eat to much bread before my main, but always fail πŸ™‚

15. Christine @ Cooking Crusade on October 15, 2012 at 8:50 pm

How lovely! Phi Phi islands were my favorite part of my Thailand holiday last year – definitely perfect for honeymooners. That fish looks delicious, its always so flavorsome cooked just like that πŸ™‚

16. Winston on October 16, 2012 at 4:53 pm

Waaahhhhh what a perfect honeymoon, Nic. Congrats again on getting married! Hope it’s just as great as you always imagined it to be. So tranquil and romantic. And talk abt fresh, yummy seafood! Now you got me craving lobster but know I prolly can’t afford it anytime soon T_T

17. catty on October 16, 2012 at 9:14 pm

Thailand is such a magical place, one of my top holiday destinations. Must get back there soon!

18. SarahKate@Mi Casa-Su Casa on October 17, 2012 at 10:29 am

How lovely! I really like the sound of seafood with mango salsa… might need to recreate that dish at home!

19. Adrian (Food Rehab) on October 19, 2012 at 10:39 pm

Gaaaash. This is makin me wanna book another holiday pronto! Glad to see you had a blast