Margarita Sorbet fit for a King….or Queen

September 7, 2012

This is my husband after he realised there were 75 margaritas on the menu.

Yup.

If there’s a drink of choice for Stud, its definitely Margaritas.

All flavours, all types, he doesnt discriminate. Although he does always go back to the original. To him, its still the best.

Needless to say, that evening was a bit messy for both of us lol.

A little while ago, Claire from Claire K Creations contacted me to see if I would be interested in trying some of Queen’s new gelato range. Yes, yes I would πŸ™‚

Every baker knows Queen. Be it for their food colourings or flavourings, they’re a trusted, Australian owned company thats well worth supporting on a shelf filled with overseas brands. Now they’ve brought out a gelato range, with a quality to match any good gelataria in Rome, and it’s found exclusively in Woolworth’s πŸ˜€

The challenge was simple – make it my own. A foodies dream!

Margarita it is then! Warning parents: This is an adults only recipe. Perhaps one for the parents that have put the kids to bed and need a good wind down? Or those who’ve had a hard day at work? Actually, Margarita time is any time in this household πŸ˜‰

The first thing I noticed about the instructions? Its just that. Damn. Easy. Anyone can do it! Winging it a little with my additions, I produced a gorgeously cream sorbet that Stud has already demolished.It seriously couldnt be any easier. You mix the Queen packet with either milk or water (folowing packet instructions), pop it in te freezer for 20 minutes or so, churn it in an ice-cream machine and voila – or should I say “ecco”?

Margarita Sorbet

1 x Queen Lemon sorbet sachet
700ml cold water
1 lime, zested and juiced
1/2 cup tequila
1tsp salt

Add water, sachet and lime zest to the bowl of an electric mixer and mix on medium speed for 5 minutes or until dissolved.

Place in the freezer for 20 minutes.

Combine lime juice, tequila and salt.

Prepare ice-cream maker as per instructions and churn sorbet mixture for around half an hour, or until thick and creamy.

Slowly add tequila mix. You may need to jiggle it around slightly to incorporate tequila.

It will get a little watery at this stage, power through it.

Once combined, place in a flat container in the freezer overnight.

Scoop in to a salt rimmed glass and serve πŸ˜‰

0 Responses to Margarita Sorbet fit for a King….or Queen

1. Iron Chef Shellie on September 7, 2012 at 10:45 pm

lol, your husband’s face is hilarious! Will have to find these sorbet sachets!

2. Choc Chip Uru on September 8, 2012 at 8:17 am

Haha nice shot of the husband πŸ˜›
    And even more awesome shots of your stunning sorbet!

3. Hotly Spiced on September 8, 2012 at 8:37 am

Oh wow! I would love to try this. And I have Queen’s lemon sorbet range in my pantry so I’ll give this a try. What a great idea! xx

4. Lizzy (Good Things) on September 8, 2012 at 9:13 am

Interesting. Looks delicious!

5. Joanne on September 8, 2012 at 8:21 pm

I’d always rather eat my calories than drink them so this sorbet sounds just perfect!!

6. Winston on September 9, 2012 at 6:06 pm

YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!!! The weather was so sunny and warm today in Melbourne and I was just thinking to myself how nice it’d be if I had a margarita in my hand… What a coincidence LOL. Saving this fer summer fo sho… Can’t wait! =D

7. Claire @ Claire K Creations on September 10, 2012 at 11:21 am

Looks delicious Nic what a great idea!

8. lizzie - strayed from the table on September 10, 2012 at 5:08 pm

My husband loves margarita’s too. I like the idea of the sorbet for a dinner party, who know what could happen.

9. Daisy @ Nevertoosweet on September 11, 2012 at 12:22 am

Ohh that looks so lovely and not that hard to make πŸ™‚ which is great hehe I’ve seen the new range by Queen but have yet to try myself πŸ˜€ Definitely inspired to try now hehe thanks Nic!

10. InTolerantChef on September 11, 2012 at 2:00 pm

Perfect for the summer weather ahead! Yummo:)

11. Kyrstie @ A Fresh Legacy on September 11, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Oh no! My uni days removed my ability to even smell tequila!!!
    It looks so good though…I think I will have to find a tequlia substitute

12. Nami | Just One Cookbook on September 12, 2012 at 2:06 am

LOL!!! I love your husband’s expression. You two are a very cute couple!! Margarita sorbet sounds so refreshing and hmmm delicious. If kids get to eat all the chocolatey ice cream, I want this one for sure. πŸ˜€

13. Adrian (Food Rehab) on September 12, 2012 at 12:51 pm

So glad I’m reading this before our summer starts – I now an amazing recipe thanks to you!

14. Monica (@gastromony) on September 12, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Summer’s calling with this one πŸ™‚ Lovely!

15. SarahKate@Mi Casa-Su Casa on September 13, 2012 at 10:51 am

Ha! Your husband is hilarious up there! I totally agree… the classic margarita is still the best. And… now it’s 10.50am and you have made me crave margaritas!

16. Moya on September 16, 2012 at 4:01 pm

I hope your husband did not try all 75! Great party dessert for easy entertaining! Cheers! πŸ™‚

17. Simone on September 19, 2012 at 3:22 pm

O that would probably match my husbands expression when seeing that many different margaritas on the menu! I didn’t even know there could be that many…;) I love margarita’s so your sorbet sounds fabulous!

18. Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella on September 19, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Hehe I love that picture of your husband’s face! I would be the same if it were pastries or cakes or macarons! πŸ˜›

19. Simon @ the heart of food on September 21, 2012 at 4:46 pm

I love simple recipes that are both easy and so delicious! Hopefully the Stud didn’t suffer from brain freeze πŸ™‚

20. Salted Caramel Ice-cream | Dining with a Stud on September 25, 2012 at 10:38 am

[…] Caramel Ice-cream September 25, 2012By Dining with a StudSuitably tipsy from my Margarita sorbet, I thought it best to do a more family friendly version for my next Queen flavour. Plus let’s […]

21. […] November 5, 2012By Dining with a StudYou all know about Queen Finefoods right? Remember my Margarita Sorbet? My Salted Caramel Gelato? Or maybe my Strawberry Balsamic […]

22. […] braving the cold and dreaming of summer, so this is your chance to turn the heat up, break out the Margaritas, and get to whipping up your favourite tropical dessert. You can bake away your wintertime […]