When Jen Le Delicieux, JJ 84th & 3rd, Christina Hungry Australian, Heather Kitchen Crusader and I were chatting one evening about a blog hop, we had no idea it could turn in to Sweet Adventures. Its been a great 4 months worth of hops so far and it has been so great seeing what everyone comes up with. Thanks to you fabulous food bloggers. You are a mighty creative bunch aren’t you?? Ay?? Aren’t you?? So, in the spirit of all things dessert, myself and the very lovely ladies from Sweet Adventures are proud to bring you this months theme “Love at First Bite!” which will take place on Monday 20th February (9am Sydney time [AEST]).
As you may have noticed (and if you didn’t, I’m slightly offended ;)), its been pretty quiet here on the DWAS site. That’s because January has been a big month. Early Jan was recovering from Christmas, planning a wedding, and finalising a handover at work. Mid Jan was starring in said wedding, jetting off to Thailand for our honeymoon and eating (and drinking) it up in Phuket, Phi Phi and Koh Samui (NOM). Late Jan was pretty much more of what happened in mid Jan. Aaaaan here we are, and its FEBRUARY! Wha??
Anywho, after much deliberation, Love at First Bite was decided upon as February’s theme. Ok, its Valentines daya few days before the post goes live. Do you wanna cook for luuuurve? So do it. Do you wanna cook for bite? Go ahead! Even a dish you fell in love with. We at Sweet Adventures want to see what you’re made of and are actually really excited to see who goes which way with this. After all, its all about your interpretation of whatever the theme is.
So whether or not you joined us for the past four hops or are a newbie and this sounds right up your alley, get your baking gear ready, prep the oven, and get cooking! Its a great way to discover some delicious new blogs too. I would highly recommend it – and I’m not biased at all x
Who is eligible to join the blog hop?
Food bloggers. If you blog about food, then you are our kind of peeps. Open to any food bloggers around to world, we’d love to have you. That’s what makes it pure awesomeness.
When is the Hop?
The Love at First Bite Blog Hop opens on 20th February 2012 (9am Sydney time [AEST]) and closes on 27th February ( 11:59pm Sydney time [AEST]). This means you have one week to get your entries in to be part of the blog hop so get fired up and get your posts in ASAP.
How does the blog hop work?
- Publish your new Love at First Bite (LAFB) entry post on your own blog sometime between 20th February 2012 (9am Sydney time [AEST]) and 27th February ( 11:59pm Sydney time [AEST]). Entries will be linked in order of submission so get your entry in on or as close to the 16th as possible to display your fabulous creation. Please note that only new posts published between the opening and closing dates are eligible for Sweet Adventures blog hops so if you have one now, hold off until the 20th so you can play too
- Visit the host blog – Dining with a Stud (that’s ME :D)– and link-up your LAFB post on the Love at First Bite Blog Hop post by following the instructions at the end of the post.
- Copy the official link-up code to place back on your Love at First Bite blog post. The code will create a gallery of all the other linked up posts and will let visitors hop from other blogs to your blog (and vice versa) to drool over all the creations.
- Download the LAFB tile/bling for the month and place it in your post. (You can also download it from this post – simply click on the tile above and right-click to ‘save as’ on your computer.) Link the LAFB tile to Dining with a Stud’s Love at First Bite Blog Hop page.
- Hop around to all the other entries in the blog hop, introducing yourself to all the other food bloggers by sharing the comment love.
- Try not to drool on your keyboard.